Sizing Chart - Education
How to Choose a Diamond
- First, identify the diamond shape desired by the recipient. If you do not know and cannot find out, consider round or princess cut.
- Set a carat weight minimum based on the recipient's preferences. If they have their heart set on a one carat diamond, even the most beautiful half carat stone will be a disappointment.
- Start with the highest quality diamond of the shape and carat weight minimum you identified in steps 1 and 2, and begin making concessions in the following order until you arrive at a diamond that fits your budget:
- First, lower the Clarity. See clarity buying tips (below) for more guidance. Go as low as VS2 before making concessions in other areas.
- Next, lower the Color. See color buying tips (below) for more guidance. Go as low as H before making concessions in other areas.
- Finally, lower the Cut. See cut buying tips (below) for more guidance. Go as low as Very Good in round diamonds, and Good in fancy shapes before making concessions in other areas.
- If the diamonds that match your revised criteria are close to your budget, consider shaving off some carat weight in order to close the gap. A carat weight difference of 10% or less will be very difficult to detect visually.
- If after following the steps above, you are still outside your budget, repeat the process with new thresholds:
- First, further reduce Clarity. Go as low as SI1.
- Next, reduce Color. Go as low as J. If you know the diamond will be set in yellow gold, you could safely drop to K.
- Finally, reduce the Cut. Go as low as Good in round diamonds, and Fair in fancy shapes.
- At this point, if you are still outside your budget, your next step will depend on your individual preferences and needs.
- If the diamond you seek is under one carat, you could consider a drop to SI2 clarity.
- If the diamond is both a brilliant cut and under 1.50 carats, an L-M color may be perfectly acceptable when set in yellow gold.
- If size is the primary consideration, you could consider a Fair cut round or fancy shape.
- If you are still well outside your budget, you may need to consider increasing your budget or reducing your minimum carat weight target.
- Other options that are available to you:
- Email CustomerService@LumeraDiamonds.com, or call 1-8664LUMERA to speak to a diamond consultant.
- Request a diamond price quote, telling us exactly what you are looking for. We will respond with options that best fit your criteria.
Facts About Manmade Diamonds
Factually an imitation Cut Diamond Looks Much Better Than A Natural Genuine Diamond Because It Has An Excellent Cut, Color And Clarity and a lot cheaper. Our Simulated Diamonds Are Individually Hand Picked And Hand Cut By Our Professional Jewelry Diamond/Gemstone Cutters. Our Imitation Diamonds Have The Same Optical Characteristics, Brilliance, Glare, Luster, And Luminosity As A Genuine Natural Stone.
Please note" Images appear larger in photo than actual size All chart sizes are approximate and not exact to size or photo size.